Friday, December 07, 2001

Please excuse me, but I have got a real strop on at the moment. Don't ask me why, I just have. Something smells a funny colour.

The thought struck me today that the alternative to corporations speaking with a human voice (which most of them would claim is impossible, and we'd agree with them) is for corporates to speak with a reasonable corporate voice.

What if I don't want my bank advisor to treat me like an old friend? I actually prefer to be treated with distance and respect when it comes to my financial future (or lack of it).

I'm Jeneane would agree with me that there is a constant battle within communications departments (or ought to be) with management to say things in a better way. Perhaps Gonzo isn' t the solution for all problems for reasons I mentioned before - that it can only truly be used by those who own the means of production. Until my bank advisor can control what happens to my money ( or even understands fully), he can't speak to me in a completely personal way.

I don't think I'm ready to go the whole way yet. As proof, Ladies and Gentlemen, Exhibit A. This rant/nostalgic whinge has been lurking on my hard disk for a while so I thought I had better put it out there so people can give an opinion.

No comments: