Sunday, October 14, 2001

Geez! I just realized I'm half way (more?) through this book and I forgot to comment on the dedication. Wow. Look at this sweet guy. A marvelous dedication of the book to the Laurie Doctor we EGR readers have come to know and whose sanity we hold in question in light of her long-lasting affection for Chris. Remember his first nervous moments re-discovering her? Now here we EGRers are with him still, the book dedicated to Laurie. It is an act of commitment I consider unspeakably brave.

And here's why. In the early days of email, secure logons, and passwords (remember?) I began using my dog's names as my passwords. You know, easy to remember. Aren't they sweet. That kind of thing. Then, one by one over the course of a year, the password-named dogs either died or ran away. I mean to tell you, Peanut, Bebop, Jazzy. Bam, Bam, Bam. As a result, I am irrationally paranoid of putting loved ones names in print. I won't use the name of any living organism as a password. Some might claim this attitude is superstitious. I say bunk; it's good old fashioned pessimism.

So cheers to you Chris Locke--for being man enough to push aside any number of DSMs and boldly plunge your flag of love into the fertile ground that is Gonzo.

That's all for now.

No comments: