Tuesday, August 11, 2020

What if we just blogged together again?

A long long time ago, we used to blog for everything.

It was what we had, we would type in a brief thought and send it out. Maybe a sentence, maybe more. If we wanted to write a longer thing we'd us our blogs for that too. We kept a blogroll and clicked on the people in it daily to catch up.

For a more through back and forth we had group blogs, like this one. I had a nice video chat with some of the people from here, and some others, the other day, and realised I missed this.

Blogging took off and permeated everything and got more complex and more simple, and somehow ended up in four sites full fo screenshots of the other three.

Now I am still encouraging people to have their own websites and do fun things with them, but that can feel like a lot of tinkering.

So, I'm back here, trying again. Thinking in public. Join me?

5 comments:

Halley Suitt Tucker said...

Wow -- I love seeing the Archive listing 2001 -- that rocks! H

mary hodder said...

I like this because I'm tired of medium and other sites that 'own' your content in exchange for distribution. I know Blogger is just Google, but at least there are tools to export if you want to, and we know it will persist and not make you 2F authenticate for each and every post read (medium.. again). So Id be much happier with stuff here, or pointing here from my old blog.

Social Director of the Internet said...

Holy cow. Is this thing on? It is on!! Ok let’s roll with it for another 20 years. Are you admin Kevin? I can make you one. Lmk. I didn’t know what was doing then or now. 😂

marekj said...

Why did I arrive here in 2021 ?

I used to be known as Kombinat!

But Kombinat! is dead and I was busy living.

I had children to feed, gardens to plan, rocks to move, bird-baths to construct, humans to love, humans to hate, wine to drink, deer to talk to, bike rides to take, countries to visit, other languages to speak, grandmothers to bury, family to forgive, family to hate, and family to love.

Today I learned that a bee does not try to convince a fly that honey is better than shit. Let the fly land on shit, and don't be bothered by it.

But I do hurt sometimes, so little art, good music, interesting conversations. But there is always cooking from scratch and never visiting restaurants that keeps me alive. That and wine.

Hi There strangers, I ran out of gas a long time ago and my old car doesn't want to start. Maybe I can collage something from the mental fabric and keep visiting.

Marek Jay

Social Director of the Internet said...

As are here Marek. And we love you still. Thanks for bringing us home.