Thursday, April 11, 2002

Bye Bye Office Depot

Is anybody reading this blog anymore?

I wanted to broadcast my bitch against the office supply giant to a wider audience than that of my personal blog, but judging from the paucity of posts here lately, I'm wondering if this an exercise in futility. My initial thought was that maybe everyone had defected to blogtank, but the discussion's been almost as thin over there. Maybe everybody's on spring break, or recovering therefrom?

Anyway, to anyone who might still be out there, here is my Office Depot rant:

If you enjoy the new, highly intelligent, quality cop show--The Shield--on FX, you might want to join me in withdrawing your patronage of Office Depot--in the event you're a customer. I've been buying from them for years and it pains me to change my habits. But I feel that I have no choice when they've been so stupid and prudish as to have withdrawn their advertising from such an outstanding show.


If young children were their target, I could accept it. But what's more adult than office supplies? Bye, Bye. See you at Staples


if you'd like to express your displeasure at their stupid move, you can write to the following:

Jocelyn Carter-Miller
Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer

Bruce Nelson
CEO


Office Depot Corporate Support Center
2200 Old Germantown Road
Delray Beach, FL 33445

No comments: