Thursday, March 21, 2002

Resistance is Futile

I once showed a manager of mine an article (sorry, no, I don't still have it. wish I did) where it said that those moments where your employees stare out the window day-dreaming are to be considered the most productive moments of their employment. Don't just leave them alone, encourage them to take more such moments! (As long as the work is getting done, natch) At the same time I also had one that said that the manager of your internal IT network (guess who?) may be responsible for the single most valuable asset your company owns. Cut them some slack and show them some respect. (wish I still had that one, too)

I guess the point which I am attempting to fashion with such glacial slowness and amoebic intellect, is that working for people who think that you're doing more for them because you *look* busy really is futile.

It'll kill you dead, man. It'll destroy your faith, shatter your hopes, and extinguish what little respect you may have had for them or the organisation to begin with. I've found that resistance is truly futile, I will just leave when this sort of shit goes down. I have better things to do with my life than waste it on dickheads.

Like hang out with you guys!

Yeah . . . . .

Don't be afraid Marek J, you're far too cool to fall for that corporate dominatrix emotional transference freak show. Show yourself the door, babe. Hell, you know that much better than I do!

Just hop on the bus, Gus
Make a new plan, Stan
Drop off the key, Lee
And set yourself freeeeee
- The Man, aka Paul Simon, from 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover.

No comments: