Friday, November 23, 2001

Team: just finished Gonzo today. About to start again, slowly, and this time with feeling.

BTW, when you buy ZoneAlarm's personal firewall online you also get a free copy of AdSubtract, which kills cookies, banner ads, etc, and also has a nice little tool for managing the cookies you want to let in.

Great Gonzo product, we should applaud loudly and support them with our custom.

Speaking of which, I was especially tweaked by Page 202 today. It occurs to me that what I would really like to do is run a Gonzo Ratings Service on the net. I'd call it a "GRating Service", because it will alternately shred and/or annoy the hell out of the admeisters, assuming any of them ever notice it.

I suggest we use the "X out of 7 Gonzo Bullets" as a graphic indicator, and then link to a more full Gonzo analysis of the site.

We could do it on a blog to start off, but I'm sure that with the talent we have assembled we could do a pretty bang up website of our own, and webhosting is pretty cheap. I'm not sure how we'd generate any revenue yet, but hey, I can't think of everything.

For our first beneficiary/victim, I'd like to proffer www.pcdj.com, who I'd give 2 and a 1/2 bullets.

Firstly, they have only two frame tabs, "product" and "community". The community side is a bit thin relative to the product side so no more than 2.5, but at least it is there, and the beginnings of a Gonzo marketing effort is evident. The product side is far richer and deeper, but the whole site is nice and slick, and there doesn't seem to be that air of intrusive shouting about the community side that would really bug me.

Thems my thoughts, but I'd be interested in responses from all of you.

I figure we could cut our teeth on some others (ZoneAlarm would be another natural) and then move on to outfits like Saatchi & Saatchi, Disney, etc, especially all those given honourable(?) mentions in GM-WWWP.

The way I see it, the day that S&S try to bribe us will be the day we know we've made it.


So, Who's in?


"Are you ready, are you ready for this? Are you hangin on the edge of your seat? From out the doorway the bullets rip, to the sound of the beat! Yeah . . . . . "
Another One Bites The Dust, by Queen

No comments: